Thursday, April 16, 2009

Decisions

Today I went in a full circle on what I wanted to do with my life . My first class had gotten let out of Final cut editing early. Katie and I sat around in the lounge talking about switching majors, then she pulled out the progression sheets for each coarse. I looked at the BFA in acting and thought that all the classes looked really cool. I really wanted to take them. I tried calling my dad to tell him that I wanted to switch majors. I was so excited I wanted to bust and oh so sure of myself. I told myself "I'm not going to let anyone stop me. I'm gonna follow my passion. Who cares what others may think." .I pretty much knew that my dad would think I was loosing my mind and setting myself up for failure. I didn't get to see him till about 6 o' clock pm. He told me I could do whatever I wanted, but that he didn't think it was wise and that I should stay in the same major. I got mad at him and told him that he always had to make me feel bad about the things that I wanted to accomplish for myself. I told him I was a big girl and could make my own decisions. I was set on changing my major. The first two people I talked to told me that I should follow my heart and go with what I wanted to do. It would run less of the risk of me dropping out of college. I was determined! Nothing was gonna stand in my way....then....I thought it may be wise to ask the two women in my life who I ask for advice all the time. They've never steered me wrong. Christine and Michelle....of course we all know what happens here. They're old and wiser....they know. They talked me out of my stupid antics and set me straigh...lovingly.
I'm back where I started. Why do I feeel like I waisted a mssive amount of brain power. It's 2am better hit the sack. Class in the morning....well I have to wake up in 5 hours. Very nice. I love screwing myself over:]

No comments: